1.2

Carpet looks like it is 20 years old. Twists pull right out.

Carpet was less than 2 years old when I filed a claim. They sent out this so called independent claims adjuster. That was a joke! His report said there is nothing wrong with the carpet and to my surprise I read online the same thing has happened to so many customers with the same complaint as mine.

They do not uphold their warranties! Do not buy the smarts strand cozy comfort carpet. As a matter of fact do not buy Mohawk anything. Purchased this carpet in 2016.

They also told me if I did not like what their independent adjuster said hire one that they give you and pay for them to come out. Those guys are for Mohawk not the consumer. Years ago I had purchased some Shaw carpet and there was a problem with it which can happen.

Shaw came out and replaced it immediately. Should have stayed with Shaw they honor their warranties.

Review about: Mohawk Industries Carpet Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace my carpet.

I didn't like: Poor product, Customer service, Poor quality and poor service, Dco flooring did not back up my claims against mohawk.

Comments

Same thing happened to me although the independent inspector said that the tufting was bad. Mohawk came back with a denial stating that it was within standards.

OilyDragonfly

I'm just finding that my nightmare story is not just my'n. I just hope that enough people make they voice heard that Mohawk goes out off business. Thanks for this forum.

Laura.from.Mohawk

Hi there, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. You are absolutely correct that you can have a second inspection done if you disagree with the first inspector's finding: you would hire an inspector and have them send their report to Mohawk.

This will reopen the claim. The inspector should be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- on both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service.

You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.