1.3

Take a little more time to read this long complaint! The SmartStrand carpet we purchased a little over a year ago is terrible.

We had carpet in our home for 26 years that lasted through three boys and two dogs. It was a light beige and stood up against everything. We had to replace it because a light bulb in in the living room exploded (GE Reveal) and burned the carpeting. We decided to re-carpet most of the house.

Within a few months after it was installed the carpet started showing abnormal wear. It was and remains ugly. I understand the effect is called corn-rolling(?). The retailer came out and looked at it, took a sample and sent it in to Mohawk's lab for testing.

He got the results back and told me that my claim was denied based upon the inspector report and fiber testing. He said, "This needs to be taken beyond just test results and inspection - it is just simply ugly for it's age and quality!" So, this is not just my testimony but the comments of the retailer. He continued, "We feel that this is not an acceptable product and appearance at all. I will follow up with you later this week allowing Karastan to review my concern." This was in January, 2017.

Later that same month two people contracted by Mohawk Industries came to my home to inspect the areas. They did whatever they do and I have not heard back from anyone since. It's been eight months. No, the retailer is not willing to make this right.

He just sells the crap!

Just apologies but no rectifying action. If anyone knows of a lawyer that would like to work with so many dissatisfied customers I would be interested to join in a class action lawsuit.

Review about: Mohawk Flooring Carpet Flooring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: That i can do this online, Ease of use.

I didn't like: Poor quality.

Comments

by the way, Mohawk's customer service is worse than their carpet, when I contacted them, the customer service representative could have cared less...and made me feel like I was an idiot; they do not stand behind their warranty. I paid over $3,500 for 3 year old carpet and I have to have it replaced because it looks so bad, looks like it's 40 years old.

I had the same experience my carpet looks like crap but was told it is normal wear and tear. I did this several years ago but was not told I could have my own inspection of the rug. Would never buy a Mohawk carpet again!!!

Laura.from.Mohawk

Hello, This is Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet, and I understand from your comments that you've already filed a claim. If your claim was declined based on an inspection, you do have the option of having the claim reopened by hiring an inspector and having them assess the carpet.

The inspector you hire should be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- on both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com.

I'm extremely sorry again for your experience. Take care -- Laura

to Laura.from.Mohawk #1384283

Hiring your own inspector will do no good with Mohawk, I am a retailer with 20yrs in the business and might I say Mohawk has never backed their carpets !! At one time I had 13 Mohawk carpet displays and I am down to two and cant wait to throw them out.

Mohawk has become such a big company they do not do anything right from what I can tell. Mohawk is in for a hard lesson when they see their numbers drop.

They do not treat their workers with the respect they deserve and has been taken over by a group of corporate *** that are driving the business into the ground. The best thing I would recommend for anyone who is thinking of buying new carpet is shop Dream Weaver carpets.