Mohawk Industries - Mowak Smartstrand Carpet Warranty Deception

18 of 37 Mohawk Industries reviews

Bought whole house of Smartstrand carpet three years ago professionally cleaned four times.Any stain ever made on carpet is still there.

It will not come clean! Lifetime warranty is deceptive. Mohawk or Lowes won't stand behind it. Numerous complaints.

Don't ever buy this carpet. I think the two companies to join their corporate monies to take advantage of the not so rich consumers. What is Consumer Affairs for? The won't do anything either.

This stain happens to be Coke. Professional cleaners can't remove it. The Mohawk inspector said nothing was wrong with the carpet. Carpet was 18 months old cleaned professionally.

They said to have it cleaned again I did. Cleaning company came out again and cleaned with their specifications per direct conversation with Mohawk. We still have same stains and more.

Embarrassing for anyone to come in my house.Class Action Lawsuit Anyone?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor quality

Reason of review:
Bad quality. Poor customer service, Very Stressful
Preferred solution:
I need the money refunded including enough to pay installer to move all furniture that didn't exist on first installation. Punitive damages stress related. Heart attack(husband).
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Smartstrand Carpet
Review category
Household Services
review #649881 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mohawk Industries? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 37 Mohawk Industries reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 28 #1191259 Honolulu, Hawaii, United States

I'm having same issues. They need sued!! Mine lasted almost a year and then matted and crushed. Looks terrible, but Mohawk said its normal $5000 down the drain

Jennifer

Jan 20 #1098242 Holland, Michigan, United States

I looked at carpeting today and loved how soft the smart strand silk was. I had pretty much decided on the sugar cane. After reading your reviews I guess I will keep looking. Very disappointed to hear Mohawk doesn't stand behind their product. Thank you for the warning.

Jan 21 #1098780

I have been fighting for them to honor the warranty for about two years with no success. It simply will not come clean. Also some other carpets are made by Mohawk with the Stainmaster treatment. Not many are Mohawk but ask who the manufacturer is. Good luck!

Jan 25 #1100548

Hello Janice, it's Laura again from Mohawk. I believe our team most recently got in touch with you and your dealer at the end of 2015 with some options for your carpet. We will reach out to you again via the contact info we have on file. Thank you, Janice, and take care-- Laura

Jan 26 #1100827

Like what did you offer to let us hire an inspector and spend more money. I was told that offered $250.00 toward new carpet. Really? I paid $5,000.00. Plus a lot of money trying to get it clean.

0 0
Patti

Dec 29, 2015 #1085195 Chalfont, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm in
I'm having a similar problem. I posted on social media. Seems other people r having the same problem. Maybe we could collect people. It's always good when u have strength in numbers

Oct 31, 2015 #1056506

I would go in on a class action. Same thing happened to me. Just hired my own carpet inspector but the way the warranty is written (have SmartStrand), Mohawk gets away with declining claims.
It's outrageous!

Sep 04, 2015 #1029834

Did u resolve ur claim. I am looking at this carpet.

Janice 349

Sep 06, 2015 #1030692 Palm Coast, Florida, United States

No I did not resolve the issue. One hides behind the other and refuse to accept responsibility. I had it cleaned again and it looks worse every day. Please do yourself a favor and don't buy it.

Jun 19, 2015 #997101

Dear Janice,
I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'll give your comments here to our internal team to look into your claim again. I'm very sorry for your experience.
Take care,

Sep 07, 2015 #1030805 Palm Coast, Florida, United States

Apologies isn't getting my carpet clean. Why does'nt Mohawk send someone to clean it and prove to me that it is what Mohawk says it is. Your internal team doesn't seem to care about the fact that I have to look at carpet. That will not come clean!!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.